4 November: The below guidance is now on hold during National Lockdown in England. Click here to find out about new Guidance issued 4 November.
England Athletics have been working with Sport England and DCMS on the implications of the tiers for athletics training and competition. The tables and guidance detailed below now reflect the latest position as of 21 October 2020. The key changes, affected by the tier structure are travel restrictions, and indoor training and competition especially for Over 18s.
- Click here to see outdoor activity guidance chart.
- Click here to see indoor activity guidance chart.
- Click here to see travel restrictions guidance chart.
- Click here to see all our Return to Activity guidance documents for download.
- Click here to go to our Return to Competition page.
The sport has successfully organised over 250 track and field competitions through the summer, in a safe environment. We are committed to seeing this great record continue through the winter season of cross country and indoors. We recognise the challenges faced by all clubs and event organisers and this update reflects the current prevalence of Covid in different parts of the country by detailing what activities can take place in the different tiers.
Tier structure guidance
Click here to download PDF of all Tier Structure Guidance tables as shown below (PDF 600kB)
For further information please contact England Athletics through; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Return to Activity guidance documents.
- Guidance for athletes and runners: return to activity (PDF 260kB) – updated 21 October 2020
- Guidance for coaches and leaders: return to activity (PDF 320kB) – updated 21 October 2020
- Guidance for athletics venues: return to activity (PDF 235kB) – updated 21 October 2020
- Guidance for affiliated clubs: return to activity (PDF 250kB) – updated 21 October 2020
- Guidance for road running coaches: return to activity (PDF 320kB) – updated 21 October 2020
- Health and safety guidance: return to activity (PDF 230kB)
- COVID secure environment information (PDF 200kB)
- COVID scenarios and options flow chart (PDF 100kB)
- Guidance FAQs (PDF 200kB) – updated 21 October 2020
runbritain has published its Covid-19 Guidance for Road Race and Multi-Terrain Race Organisers (21 July 2020) – click here for more information and to access the guidance.
Please stay aware of any local lockdown measures and restrictions enforced in your local area. These may be put in place by government at short notice and restrictions may vary across different areas. Click here to view a list of local lockdown areas and the restrictions applicable to those areas. For clubs and venues – if local lockdown measures come into force then please contact your local authority for local-specific advice. If you are an individual attending a competition or activity which has been permitted by a local authority within a local lockdown area then please ensure you check the local-specific guidelines and restrictions (see above link) and maintain any government or sport/competition social distancing and hygiene requirements.
All parties should note the following disclaimer:
Please note that the subject matter covered in this guidance is in no way exhaustive and the material does not stand on its own nor is intended to be relied upon as a substitute for obtaining specific legal advice. Individual circumstances will differ. The information contained in this guidance is given in good faith but any liability of England Athletics Limited or its professional advisors (including their respective members or employees) to you or any third party which may arise out of the reliance by you or any other party of the contents of this guidance is hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. England Athletics Limited and its professional advisors accept no duty of care or liability for any loss occasioned, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, to any person acting or refraining from actions as a result of any material in this guidance. We would strongly recommend that you consult professional advisors on specific issues before acting or refraining from action on any of the contents of this guidance.
These guidance documents have been prepared by England Athletics Limited
© England Athletics Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any material from these publications is permissible only when attributed to England Athletics.
4 November: The above guidance is now on hold during National Lockdown in England. Click here to find out about new Guidance issued 4 November.