The England Athletics Champions of the Road series is back for 2020! In addition to individual titles at each of our England Athletics road running championship races (listed below), the series offers individuals and club teams competing in three or more championship events the opportunity to become the outright England Athletics Champions of the Roads.
Each of the six races listed is a stand-alone England Championship race with individual and team titles up for grabs at 5k, 5 miles, 10k, 10 miles, Half Marathon and Marathon. As well as recognising the top three individuals, club teams will also be able to challenge for medals. Both men’s and women’s teams will be scored separately, with three runners to count. The times of the fastest three runners in a team will give an aggregate score to determine the winning team.
Each of these standalone England Championship races and results will then count towards the Champions of the Road series. The highest scoring team and individual with three from six races in the series completed will be crowned Champions of the Road.
Teams and individuals are not required to register for Champions of the Road and will be automatically entered into the series. Clubs must be affiliated with England Athletics and all runners must be registered athletes in the current competition year.
2020 England Road Race Championships and Champions of the Road series events:
- 5M race: Sunday 2 February – VeloRunner-Envisage Alsager 5 – click for event website
- 5k Race: Saturday 9 May – Ipswich Twilight 5k – click for event website
- 10k Race: Sunday 6 September – City of Salford 10k – click for event website
- Marathon race: Sunday 4 October – Virgin Money London Marathon – click for event website
- 10M Race: Sunday 18 October – Great South Run – click for event website
- Half marathon race: Sunday 18 October – British Airways Run Gatwick Half Marathon – click for event website