The England Age Group Masters 10k opportunity will once again be incorporated within the Simplyhealth Great Birmingham 10k for 26th May 2019. Those runners who achieve selection will get to wear the specially designed England Masters vest and will be allocated a front of race starting pen just behind the elite starters.
There will be three qualifying opportunities over this coming autumn and in the new year, one in the North, Midlands and South of England. Interested runners are urged to get their entries in quickly as all three of our host partner qualifying events are very popular with entries often closing early and at capacity.
Where can I qualify?
- Sunday 9 December, 2018 – Telford 10k
- Sunday 3 February, 2019 – Chichester Priory 10k
- Sunday 10 March, 2019 – Aldi Chester 10k
How do I qualify?
The top three eligible men and top three eligible women in each age category from V35, V40, V45 upwards will be selected from each of the three qualifying races.
Age Group Masters 10k – minimum standards
Qualifying standards have been determined by a combination of runbritain rankings and the WAVA age graded regional to national percentages.
Register your interest
Athletes who have not pre-registered interest, but finish in the top three in the qualifying race will not be eligible for selection.
- There are no reserve or substitute selections and the size of the team will be determined by entries at the qualifying events and availability for the representative race in May 2019. Athletes who are unable to compete in the representative race will not be able to defer to another team opportunity.
- Athletes should register their interest under the age group at which they will contest the qualifying race. If there is a change of age group between qualifier and representative race then they will move up an age group and compete in their correct age group on the day of competition.
- Please note the selected athletes are required to cover their own costs of entry, travel, accommodation where necessary. England kit will be available to purchase.