England Athletics are pleased to announce the addition of the Half-Marathon to the England Age Group Masters representative opportunities for 2019. We are delighted to be working with the event organisers of four excellent half-marathons in providing these opportunities and enabling club runners up and down the country to get involved.
The Half-Marathon representative opportunity will be incorporated within the Maidenhead Half-Marathon on Sunday 1 September, 2019 providing age group runners high quality competition and a representatives start, immediately behind the elite runners.
Where can I qualify?
The qualifying races taking place between March and June 2019 include:
- Sunday 17 March – Asics Fleet Half Marathon
- Sunday 19 May – Britain’s Ocean City Half-Marathon, Plymouth
- Sunday 2 June – Asda Foundation Hull Half-Marathon
Qualification can be gained in every age group from V35, V40, V45 through to V75+.
How do I qualify?
To gain selection for the England Age Group Masters Team runners will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Finish in the top 4 of the eligible runners in their age category within one of the qualifying races. * Please note, you must qualify via your correct age group on the day. However, if you are successful in qualifying and have a birthday between the qualifier and the representative race then you will compete in your new age group
- Have achieved a minimum qualifying standard either on the day of the qualifying race or within the previous 12 months
- Be available to compete at Maidenhead on 1st September 2019
Age Group Masters Half Marathon – minimum standards
|M70 / F70+||2hr00||2hr30|
The above standards have been determined by a combination of runbritain and the WAVA age gradings.
Register your interest
Please note runners who are selected to represent England at Maidenhead will be required to pay their own entry fees and travel to the race. Specially designed retro style England Age Group Masters kit will be available to purchase for the selected team members.