How do I get involved?
England Athletics are pleased to announce our next round of 2019/2020 qualifying races for Masters runners and we are delighted to be working with some excellent race providers in offering these opportunities.
Affiliated club runners starting at V35 upwards to V80 and above, who are registered athletes, will have the opportunity to earn themselves an England Masters representative vest at 10k, Half Marathon and the Marathon distance.
Representation is achieved through qualification by position and a minimum standard at one of the advertised qualifying races. To be eligible for selection you must have pre-registered interest through the England Athletics website on the respective 10k, Half-Marathon and Marathon pages. This is in addition to entering the race through the event website.
Getting involved with England Age Group Masters teams is easy – interested runners should check out this website and eNews regularly for updates on forthcoming competitions. If you are not signed up, you can ensure you receive regular news by updating your communication preferences in your profile in the myAthletics portal.
To be eligible for selection in any of the races runners must:
- Be 35 years old or above.
- Be a registered athlete of an affiliated club at the time of running their qualifying race.
Click here to find out more about Athlete Registration.
- Be eligible to run for England as their home nation.
- Have registered their interest with England Athletics prior to midnight of the qualifying race (note this is not the same as Athlete Registration).
- Be amongst the top 3, 4 or 5 as specified on the respective 10k, Half-Marathon and Marathon pages of those runners registering interest in their qualification race
- In addition to (5) have met the minimum standards as specified on the respective 10k, Half-Marathon and Marathon pages. Standards must be achieved either on the day of the qualifying race or in the 12 months prior. Performances must have been achieved in an UKA licensed race.
Please note that if you are successful in qualifying for the England Masters team, then all runners will bear the costs of travel, accommodation where necessary and race entry fees and you will be given the option to purchase the bespoke England Masters kit.