One of the two England Athletics elected board positions* was up for re-election at this year’s AGM, held on Saturday 10 October 2020. The deadline for the receipt of proxy votes from clubs was 11:00 on Thursday 8 October and the voting results were confirmed at the 2020 AGM.
We are delighted to announce that Lorna Boothe was formally voted to represent the membership as an Elected Director, and to serve for an initial first term of four years through to the 2024 AGM. We would like to formally place on record our thanks to all three candidates who contested this election.
Please see below for the written Candidate Election Address from each of the three candidates.
- England Athletics Member-Elected Director election – candidate address from Lorna Boothe (PDF 62kB)
- England Athletics Member-Elected Director election – candidate address from Abdul Buhari (PDF 98kB)
- England Athletics Member-Elected Director Election – candidate address from Jon Clarke (PDF 103kB)
Nominations and Support Confirmations
The process (which closed as of 4 September 2020) was:
- The candidate was required to complete the nomination form listing the names of the clubs which agreed to nominate them and the number of votes each is entitled to cast (there must be at least 8 supporters – including their own club – which are between them entitled to cast at least 15 votes).
- The candidate was required to ask each nominating club to complete a supporter confirmation form and send this to England Athletics.
The three confirmed candidates standing for election are:
- Lorna Boothe – Sutton & District AC
- Abdul Buhari – Newham & Essex Beagles AC
- Jon Clarke – West Cheshire AC
Members clubs were able to vote by proxy (until the deadline for receipt of proxy forms at 11:00 Thursday 8 October 2020). The appointment of the Elected Director, based on the results of the election voting, was confirmed at the 2020 AGM.
* Tim Soutar (Blackheath & Bromley Harriers AC) and Neil Costello (Cambridge & Coleridge AC) were elected in 2014. To avoid both representative directors retiring at the same time, the initial terms of office were set such that Tim Soutar would remain in place until the AGM in 2017 and Neil Costello until the AGM in 2016. Both Tim Soutar and Neil Costello successfully stood for second terms in 2017 and 2016, respectively. Tim Soutar therefore remains as an Elected Director until 2021, while Neil Costello’s position was up for re-election at this year’s AGM. The successful candidate will commence their role from this date.