During the first lockdown, England Athletics and Jenny Meadows worked on a range of free athletics-based challenges for children and parents to take part in at home. These activities cover a range of areas such as Speed, Endurance, Jumping, Throwing and Physical Preparation.
@home Challenge with Jenny Meadows
Our friend, World and European medallist at 800m and coach Jenny Meadows, set ten special fun challenges during the first lockdown, but you can do them anytime within your home or garden.
- Click to view Bear crawl
- Click to view Toilet roll tower
- Click to view Agility run
- Click to view Throwing for accuracy
- Click to view ABCs – Agility, Balance and Co-ordination
- Click to view Speed bounce grid
- Click to view Flexibility challenge
- Click to view Combination jumps challenge
- Click to view Explosive throw challenge
- Click to view Balance challenge
Let us at England Athletics know how you got on by sending in your own video of your attempt with hashtag #BetterTogether!
- England Athletics Twitter: @EnglandAthletic
- England Athletics Facebook and Instagram: @EnglandAthletics
- RunTogether Twitter and Instagram: @RunTogether_
- RunTogether Facebook: @RunTogetherSocial
- funetics Facebook and Instagram: @funeticssocial
- funetics Twitter: @_funetics
England Athletics (including RunTogether and funetics) strongly recommends that you consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise programme. You should be in good physical condition and be able to participate in any exercise. England Athletics is not a licensed medical care provider and we have no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise programme, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or all elements of a programme you agree that you do so at your own risk and you are voluntarily participating in these activities, as well as assuming all risk of injury to yourself. In doing so, you agree to release and discharge England Athletics from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of the use of this guidance.