Members of the England Athletics family are invited to join the conversation with us and our partners UKA and help shape the future of the sport. We recently announced our commitment to working together positively and collectively.
We hope that you can help both UKA and England Athletics to best understand your views on the future priorities for the sport UK wide and to inform how we work, following our respective roles and responsibilities, to support you in a new era for Athletics and Running that both organisations are excited about.
Live CEO Webinars
Starting in September 2020, UKA CEO Joanna Coates and England Athletics CEO Chris Jones will be hosting a live webinar every other month where they want to hear directly from the coaches and leaders, committee members, volunteers, officials and club members that make up our athletics and running community.
During each session, Joanna and Chris will give a brief update on the state of the sport across England, and the UK as a whole, plus any news on recent developments. Each session will then focus on a key topic before opening the floor for participants to ask any questions or register any useful comments or observations.
If you would like to submit a question in advance of a webinar, or if you are unable to join a webinar but would like to log your question or comment for potential discussion, then please click here or scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the online question submission form.
To take part, please register below (NOTE links were updated 20 January due to change of hosting platform)
- Live CEO Q&A – Wednesday 3 March 2021 (6pm) – Click to register
Focus topic for session: Young People
- Live CEO Q&A – Wednesday 5 May 2021 (6pm) – Click to register
Focus topic for session: Coaching
- Live CEO Q&A – Wednesday 7 July 2021 (6pm) – Click to register
Focus topic for session: Officiating
- Live CEO Q&A – Wednesday 1 September 2021 (6pm) – Click to register
Focus topic for session: Performance & Talent
- Live CEO Q&A (originally broadcast 6 January 2021) – Click to watch again
Focus topic for session: Clubs, Facilities & Club Leaders
- Live CEO Q&A with Chris Jones and Jo Coates (originally broadcast 2 September) – Click to watch again
- Click to view the webinar presentation slides (PowerPoint 5.5MB)
Consultation webinars and survey (June-July 2020)
In June and July 2020, UKA and England Athletics held a series of virtual consultation sessions with UKA CEO Joanna Coates and England Athletics CEO Chris Jones. A survey was also released following the sessions and all the feedback will be used to shape a more collaborative future, help determine what challenges need to be overcome to improve the sport, identify what opportunities exist and what should be prioritised to enhance experiences of athletes and runners of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve their full potential.
- Virtual consultation 22 June 11am-1pm: Click to watch again
- Virtual consultation 22 June 6pm-8pm: Click to watch again
- Click to view the virtual consultation presentation slides (PDF 600kB)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _