Welfare - it is everyone's responsibility
Athletics is about running, jumping and throwing as fast, as high and as far as you can. England Athletics aims to create an environment where everyone involved in athletics feels safe and secure to enable them to achieve their potential – to run, jump and throw, to coach, officiate or to support those who do.
Welfare covers a range of issues such as safeguarding and protecting children, anti-bullying, equity, poor practice in coaching and disciplinary and grievances matters. It encompasses policies and procedures to set out minimum standards of expectations, such as codes of conduct, procedures to follow for dealing with child protection concerns, other welfare issues or complaints, and to ensure that EA, clubs and associations meet their statutory responsibilities to safeguard and protect children.
Click on a title below or on the left hand menu to read more.
- About England Athletics Welfare
- Safeguarding Checks and DBS (CRB replacement) Processes
- Guidance documents and resources
- Useful Links and Signposting
- Disciplinary Decisions, Compliance Matters and Dispute Resolution
- EduCare programme materials
- Disordered Eating/Eating Disorder Education Resources for Athletes, Coaches and Parents