Details of COfSecs can be found in the Officials menu item in each region of the Your Area section. These pages also show Endurance Official Coordinators.
What Does a County Officials' Secretary Do?
- Maintains an accurate up to date list of all graded technical officials affiliated to the county
- Provides information to UKA and England Athletics to enable them to keep accurate lists and to ensure good communication
- Keeps their own county technical officials informed of appropriate information
- Identifies technical officials who may be capable of achieving upgrades
- Provides support and guidance to technical officials seeking upgrades
- Provides worksheets and report forms for technical officials seeking reports to support upgrading
- Arranges for reports to be submitted by higher graded technical officials for those requiring them
- Receives annual duty sheet from Level Two county technical officials and makes recommendations for upgrading, based upon duties performed, range of events covered and availability of satisfactory reports
- Arranges mentors to support new technical officials and those seeking upgrading
- Liaises with England Athletics in the running of appropriate training and education courses
- Identifies training courses that are required by clubs and counties
- Arranges for technical officials to support county meetings
- Provides information for clubs and other approved bodies who seek support to provide technical officials for meetings outside their own county
- Attends regional COfSecs meetings as part of a partnership approach