What Are Athletics Networks?
Athletics Networks are clusters of athletics clubs and running clubs working strategically with other local key partners to develop the sport of athletics in that area. Athletics Networks will be multiple clubs (often comprising of a mixture of track and field and off-track) working together in each area. Athletics Networks will seek to drive up the quality of coaching, links with community groups such as schools, competition in clubs (inter and intra club) and also seek to develop the all round quality of provision within clubs in the network.
The ethos behind Athletics Networks is all about working in partnership. By demonstrating that you are working in this manner there is greater chance of accessing local and national funding from a variety of partners.
Athletics Network Criteria
Athletics Networks must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Affiliation to England Athletics
- Committment to support the improvement of the quality of coaching – a coach support structure or/and plan for coaching (may be part of network plan)
- Committment to working in partnership where clubs meet regularly and share best practice
- Committment to wider partnership working – as a minimum, 1 SSP/School and 1 CSP/LA
- Must have a network plan which includes a vision/aim of what the network aims to achieve through working in partnership
- All clubs with junior sections must be Clubmark accredited or register as working towards Clubmark within the first 12 months of gaining Athetics Network status.
Benefits to becoming a Athletics Network
As well as the usual benefits of being an affiliated athletics club or running club you can also benefit from:
- Priority access to national Athletics Network Conference.
- Your own athletics network logo and branding guide. Permission to use Athletics Network family branding to help support communication and external promotion.
- Use of Service Point to create promotional materials.
- Local Athletics Network news e-zine template to promote what’s going on in your network each month.
- Network coaches or mentors will be given priority access into Local Coach Development Programme and access to National Coach Mentors through local Club Coach Support Officers.
- Priority access to Flying Coach Development Programme.
- Priority access to national Club and Coach Workshop programme.
- You will be able to apply (subject to funding) for Athletics Network investment.
- Direct Club and Coach Support Officer support at brokering and developing relationship with Schools Sports Partnership, County Sports Partnership, Local Authorities and other key partners.
- Direct support from Club and Coach Support Officer to source and access local and national funding opportunities from a wide range of partners.
- Your own unique Athletics Network page on the England Athletics website.
What Athletics Networks will achieve
- To grow and sustain participation levels in the sport
- To improve the quality of experience for all participants
- To improve levels of athlete performance
- To lay the foundations for the next generation of champions
- To establish sustainable club environments
Thinking of becoming a Athletics Network?
If you are thinking about establishing a cluster of partners in your local area to operate as an Athletics Network please contact your local England Athletics Club and Coach Support Officer by clicking here.
You can see the application form that your Club and Coach Support Officer will use to assess you in order to become part of the Athletics Network family (on the right hand side of this page).
Interested in accessing Athletics Network Funding?
To find out more click here.
Funded network quarterly reporting
Network reporting is due quarterly on 31st January, 30th April, 31st July, and 31st October. Please complete ONLINE at www.englandathletics.org/man-reporting. It is really important that you complete in as much detail as possible so that England Athletics can demonstrate to the primary funders of the programme Sport England, the impact the programme is having on the clubs. Please remember for section 8A – this section does not need to be completed in January and July – please just write ‘0’ in each of the boxes to advance to the submission page. Please can I also remind you that you must press SUBMIT on final page for it to be received by England Athletics. Thanks to all networks for your continued hard work. Any problem please contact email@example.com
Clubs working in partnership to improve the provision of athletics in their area.