England Athletics National & Regional Awards 2013
Who is it who has helped you in your athletics? The volunteers who run our sport are very often the unsung heroes of the sport. Behind any successful performance are numerous people who have given their time and effort to help the athlete on their way. The athlete’s hard work and effort has to be supported by many people who often remain in the background; volunteers who have usually helped many other people to become involved and to develop in the sport.
The awards, which are supported by Sweatshop, Athletics Weekly and the AAAs, give us as a sport the opportunity to reward the contributions and commitment to our sport these people have shown over the past 12-month period. There are also a more limited number of lifetime service awards.
Our annual awards see winners chosen in 13 categories, at both regional and national level. These awards cover clubs, volunteers, officials, coaches, disability athletics, partnership and Athletics Networks. The Awards programme begins with nine English Regional Awards, some of whom are then shortlisted for the National title. You can nominate someone for an Award until Wednesday 21 August 2013. By making a nomination in our 2013 Awards or voting in our 2013 Hall of Fame you will be eligible to enter into a prize draw with our national Affiliation sponsor Sweatshop where you could win £100 of Sweatshop vouchers.
- The England Athletics online nominations page is at www.englandathletics.org/Awards-2013.
- The Run England online nominations page is at www.englandathletics.org/RE-Awards-2013.
The categories of awards are as follows. Click here to read more about each and the criteria for nominating.
Club Partnership of the Year
|Services to Coaching
Development Coach of the Year
Services to Athletics
|Young Volunteer of the Year
Services To Volunteering (age 25+)
Official of the Year
Services To Officiating
Group Leader of the Year
Group of the Year
Project of the Year
- Thursday 4 April: Awards Launch.
- Wednesday 21 August: Closing Date for Awards nominations.
- Early September: Regional Awards Panels meet to decide regional winners.
- September-October: Regional Award presentations.
- Late September: Nominations for National Awards gathered, shortlisted, and candidates notified.
- Saturday 19 October: England Athletics National Awards & Hall of Fame Ceremony and dinner at Hilton Metropole, NEC. Ticket details will be confirmed in the near future.