England Athletics Competition rules
From time to time England Athletics will work with partners or on its own to hold competitions offering prizes to our members or to people within the wider athletics community. When we hold these competitions the terms, unless otherwise stated, shall be as follows:
- Competitions are limited to one entry per person unless otherwise stated.
- No entries into competitions from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will not be accepted.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure, or for posted entries not received. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Unless otherwise stated entrants must be over 18 years of age. Proof of age of winners, and their nominated co-recipient(s) where applicable, may be required.
- In competitions where prizes include accommodation and/or tickets for events England Athletics and its agents reserves the right to refuse entry to the winners and/or their guests if they have reason to believe that they are intoxicated or otherwise unfit to enter the venue.
- Winners are chosen at random from all valid entries received by the closing date. The decision of England Athletics is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances England Athletics and its agents reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If a prize is unclaimed after a reasonable time, it will lapse and the England Athletics reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to an alternative Winner selected at random from the remaining valid entries. The length of ‘reasonable time’ will usually be one week but this may vary at the discretion of England Athletics.
- The Winners may be required to participate in publicity arising from the competition they have entered.
- By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.