England Athletics knows the education and development of coaches and coaching is central to the success of athletics. We are committed to supporting the ongoing development of coaches in every event, at every level both directly with our staff, through contracted agencies and experts, and by enabling coaches to work together on a more frequent and structured basis.
A range of coach education courses are available for coaches to select from, depending on their own coaching aspirations and the group of athletes they coach. Click on the image below to find out more.
In addition to furthering coach education qualifications, a number of coach development opportunities are available to support coaches at all stages of their coaching pathway. For further information please click here.
My coach is great!
Here's a short video from some grass roots athletes and also Roger Black and Sally Gunnell talking about their coaches.
This was produced for our 2011 Coaching Conference.
Coaching - central to successful athletics
- 04.Dec.13 Getting more people involved in your club
- 03.Dec.13 2013 sports coach UK awards sees 6 Athletics coaches shortlisted
- 01.Dec.13 Vault Britain series brings together top pole vaulters and up-and-coming athletes
- 27.Nov.13 Pole Vault and High Jump Workshops: 8th December
- 27.Nov.13 Network develops local coaches and their athletes
- 26.Nov.13 A Nation that runs - our Recreational Running and Athletics Plan