School Athletics Club Activators' Resource
With an increasing focus on leadership and volunteering, the School Athletics Club Activator’s Resource offers ideal preparation for those wishing to organise, deliver or coordinate athletics activity as part of an intra-school sports club on the school site.
The resource includes top tips for setting up basic informal athletics activity and short form competitions, particularly for Young Officials, Young Leaders, those with limited experience and for those working with minimal equipment and in restricted facilities.
This is NOT a licensed coaching course or resource. This resource might also prove useful for teachers, club coaches, leaders or students themselves. It is hoped that attendees of the course, or those simply picking up and using the resource, will be motivated to pursue their leadership and coaching education by following the formal education pathway.
By using this resource Young Officials and Young Leaders should:
- Understand more about athletics as a sport that offers the foundation skills for a fit, healthy and enjoyable sporting life.
- Understand the importance of fun, safe and enjoyable athletics activity for youngsters.
- Feel more confident in setting up and coordinating athletics activity as part of an intraschool sports club.
- Be able to engage in short format competitions such as Sportshall and QuadKids, coordinate their own local group events and use basic officiating skills.
This resource will help to:
- Identify the basics of running, jumping and throwing.
- Plan the basic components & structure of a group activity and short form athletics competition.
- Develop and practice organisational and motivational skills to enhance activities.
- Gain enjoyment from group activities and short form competition experiences.
- Include and integrate disabled athletes into all appropriate activities.
The resource also incldes a number of games cards which set out different activities on a page each - what is needed to set up, what equipment is required, safety tips, aims and ways of adapting each game.
Want a copy?
You can download the Resource Pack and Game Cards from the right hand side of this page. We only have a limited printed stock of these too priced at £14.99 including VAT and P&P. Fill out the order form.
A Resource that offers ideal preparation for those wishing to organise, deliver or coordinate athletics activity as part of an intra-school sports club. Limited number of packs for sale.