Welcome to the Amateur Athletic Association web pages!
Who are we?
The AAA's role at the present time is to assist with the development of young athletes and to look after the heritage of the sport. Chris Carter is the Chairman of the Amateur Athletics Association and he presents a welcome to you all through ipadio - our podcasting function.
Chris chairs the AAAs Board which is made up of 11 members,and there are also some people in supporting roles. Click here to go to the contacts page.
England Athletics and the AAA often work in partnership, and England Athletics is pleased to assist the AAA by hosting some web pages and providing information about the AAA.
What do we do?
The AAAs are also involved in the following projects:
- Tom Pink Relays and Field Events Challenge
- World Marathon Challenge
- Young Athlete Grant Scheme
- AAA Standards Scheme
- Hall of Fame
You can find out more about these by clicking on the title of each. There's also a 2012 Review - click here to read it.
The Amateur Athletic Association
- 10.Jul.13 Historic AAA and WAAA Trophies at England Champs
- 26.Jun.13 Just a few more days to nominate for our Hall of Fame
- 25.Jun.13 Can your club or school take on the marathon challenge?
- 18.Jun.13 AAAs award £33000 of grants to young athletes
- 11.Mar.13 Tom Pink Relays enjoyed amidst Age Group Combined Events champs
- 02.Mar.13 Ambition and enthusiasm - a perfect combination