About British Athletics Academy Awards
The British Athletics Academy Awards offer an effective test for your children / potential athletes as they learn to enjoy all aspects of running, jumping and throwing. For coaches or teachers using Athletics 365 or Elevating Athletics to develop athlete skills this is a good way for recognising and monitoring athlete outcomes in terms of 'how fast, how long, how high'.
Did you know:
- The Awards bring together the very best of two previously established programmes – the Shine Awards and the English Schools Athletics Association Awards to bring you an effective, simple-to-use and exciting series of awards.
- The Awards can be used by schools and clubs to recognise and reward personal development in athletics.
- The Awards cater for children of all abilities from primary school upwards and help develop individual athletics skills by setting realistic targets.
- The new Awards programme is the ideal way for Teachers and Coaches to re-enforce the lesson content: e.g.
- Teachers who may already use Elevating Athletics, can use Awards to reward their pupils.
- Coaches can use it to support the great work done in clubs to develop core skills in running, jumping and throwing.
- The Awards are progressive so young athletes can climb up the scale of achievement as they develop.
British Athletics and England Athletics would specifically like to acknowledge the support and partnership with the English Schools' Athletic Association which has supported the process of joining the two existing schemes on offer in the UK.
Aims of Awards
- From an early age a child’s experience of athletics should integrate play with the basics of our sport – running, jumping and throwing.
- The intention of the Awards programme is to offer challenges based on those simple areas.
- The programme uses personal achievement as the basis for a series of challenges that use three distinct but related platforms - The three platforms will allow the school or club to maximise a child’s interest irrespective of their ability or experience.