Athletics, StreetGames and community sports projects - a perfect match!
Athletics in its purest form is easy to deliver. The Activators' Resource introduces the rudiments of running, jumping and throwing. The parallels between athletics and the aims of StreetGames are stark.
- Local provision – on your doorstep!
- Basic activities – that are easy to deliver!
- The Sportshall and QuadKids formats provide relevant, easy and flexible activity.
- Sessions are activity-focused, rather than coaching-focused, encouraging Activators to visit www.englandathletics.org/coaching to learn more about becoming a coach.
- Activators and group members are mainly local to the community.
- ‘Jumpers for goalposts’ – it should be that simple! How about estate leagues and events?
- Links with local clubs can support the set up of formal coaching and development activities, providing an exit route for talented youngsters.
Athletics, StreetGames and Community Sports Projects - a perfect match!