12.Sep.12 Endurance workshop with Tony Sephton
Every endurance athlete needs to be strong, flexible, mobile and dynamic to be able to compete. Structured training in addition to running is needed to improve in these areas of fitness. A workshop – presented by Strength and Conditioning expert Tony Sephton - will help coaches to choose the right exercises to do with their athletes. The workshop will cover:
- Long term athlete development plans and what that meansto exercise prescription.
- Sport analysis, to be able to determine what physical requirementsand energy systems are required.
- Understand the Functional Movement Assessment, to be ableto help your athletes improve on weaknesses or flexibility issues.
- Explore different training methods to train athletes of all ages.
- Explain the difference between Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) and Fundamental Sport skills (FSS).
- Provide the coach with clear progressions for their athletes’individual programmes.
The workshop runs on 21st October at Hertfordhsire Sports Village
More information and a downloadable flyer in our Events Section.
England Athletics Online storeClick here to visit the Official England Athletics online store.
Wear official England Athletics clothing.
All 'profits' made by England Athletics are reinvested into the development of athletics in England