Athletes - ensure your club membership fees are up to date
The new affiliation year began on 1 April. While clubs have until 30 June to re-register athletes who were previously registered, athletes ensuring that their club membership fees are up to date will help make this process as straightforward as possible for their clubs.
Some clubs may operate an online payment system utilising the England Athletics club portal to ensure that athletes' registration fees are paid promptly. However your club operates its membership system, is important athletes (and parents of younger athletes, UKA Rules apply from the Under 13 Age Group upwards) take responsibility for their role in ensuring their club registration is up to date. Further information for athletes is available at www.englandathletics.org/athlete-registration.
(Clubs wanting more detail on how they can take online payment can download the Club Secretaries Portal guide by clicking here - PDF 1.7M).
Note - ensuring your registration is up to date and that you are opted in to mailings (see www.englandathletics.org/myprofile) also ensures you continue to receive offers and discounts such as 20% off New Balance products, 20% off AfterShokz headphones and up to 30% off IHG hotel bookings.
While athlete registration has been a part of the rules of the sport for a number of years updates to the UKA Rules for Competition made last year mean it is essential that athletes are registered and aware of their registration details.
Registration checks take place before and after a range of events. We recommend you:
Ensure you pay your club membership fee, including England Athletics’ registration fee, promptly
- Make clear to your club that you are a competing athlete if your club also has non-competing athletes
- Be aware of your club’s membership renewal process – when do you need to pay and how?
- Ensure you know your URN/ licence number (also sometimes referred to as licence number or England Athletics number) – more below
Log in at www.englandathletics.org/myprofile to check your details are correct and your registration status. If necessary us the forgotten username and/ or forgotten password functionality. Remember:
- The new affiliation year began on 1 April.
- Athletes registered in the previous affiliation year have until 30 June to renew their registration (speak to your club if you have any questions relating to this)
- Previously registered athletes who have not renewed their registration by 30 June will become ‘unregistered’ at that point
- After logging in, make a note of your URN/ Licence number (also sometimes referred to as England Athletics number) – this is given at the top of your Summary/ Personal Details
Ensure your details are correct on your profile:
- First name – especially if your name can be abbreviated
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- When you are sent your athlete pack keep hold of your registration card
- If your name and date of birth are correct on the portal (Trinity) you can also use www.englandathletics.org/licencechecks to find your URN (also sometimes referred to as licence number or England Athletics number)
While road runners will still be able to compete unattached, athletes, who wish to represent their club (and claim the registered athlete discount on entry fees) in road running events, will need to be registered.
For more information regarding the rules about athlete registration please see www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules/