2016 is the fourth year in which England Athletics has consulted with members, volunteers and participants and like in 2013, 2014 and 2015, there is an opportunity to attend events that will be held in various locations across the country, followed by an online survey.
England Athletics is committed to consulting clubs and volunteers on the issues that shape our sport and the results of the survey will inform decisions made by the England Athletics board for 2016-17 and beyond.
Chris Jones, Chief Executive of England Athletics, said: “We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to come to the various consultation events that have been held. It is essential that we hear the voices of people from a wide range of sections of the athletics community. Athletics is a very diverse sport on so many different levels, that means hearing the different experiences, views and perspectives put forward at these consultation events is very important. We know those who attend also value being able to hear from other people in the sport. The views expressed through this consultation process are a key part of shaping the work of England Athletics over the coming years."
As we enter into a critical period for the sport, a key part of our consultation is about hearing your views on how England Athletics can meet its strategic priorities over the next four years, as well as on issues such as how we can better engage youngsters and innovate around competition. (To find out more about our Strategic Priorities please download this Document)
Information from events
Slides presented at events are available below:
Notes from the events are to follow.
Formal Consultation Events:
- Monday 11th April – London (Conference Central (Formerly ULU Meeting Rooms), Malet Street, WC1E 7HY)
- Wednesday 13th April – Taunton (Holiday Inn Taunton M5 J25, Deane Gate Avenue, Taunton, TA1 2UA)
- Wednesday 20th April – Coventry (Ricoh Arena, Phoenix Way, Foleshill, Coventry, CV6 6GE)
- Wednesday 27th April – Manchester (Longford Park Athletics Stadium, M21 9TA)
- Wednesday 4th May – Durham (Durham CCC, Emirates Riverside, Chester-Le-Street, DH3 3QR)
- Wednesday 18th May – Bury St. Edmunds (Best Western Priory Hotel, Mildenhall Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP32 6EH)
Wednesday 6th July - Crawley (Crawley Town FC, Checkatrade.com Stadium, Brighton Rd, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 9RX)
Meetings and events:
- 2nd April – COFSECs meeting
- Saturday 14th May – Yorkshire County Champs
- 21st May – Highgate Harriers Night of the 10000m PBs and EA 10000m Championships
- 18th and 19th June – England Athletics U20 and U23 Championships, Bedford
Online survey closed on 4th July.